FM/CFS/ME RESOURCES Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterFM/CFS/ME RESOURCESLog in

Just Say NO!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Misty Roberts
Admin
Admin
Misty Roberts

Just Say NO! Empty
PostSubject: Just Say NO!   Just Say NO! Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:02 pm

Just Say NO!

The first rule of thumb: Eliminate all activities you do not value and that do not require your participation. Even though we may be "sick all the time," there is nothing wrong with declining invitations for health reasons. A polite, "thanks for the invitation, but I am not feeling up to it" should suffice. People cancel for many reasons. Isn't excessive pain and fatigue are reason enough? We already experience substantial pain; why add to it by enduring irritating people or activities?

Reduce contact with individuals who drain you rather than add pleasure to your life. Reserve your precious energy for only the most important tasks. Prioritize. When possible, eliminate the "I should..." activities for the "I want to..." variety. It's often well worth paying someone to carry out strenuous chores, such as housecleaning and grocery shopping, to free ourselves for more fulfilling activities.

When you can't "just say no," limit the time you spend on burdensome tasks. If you must attend a social or work-related engagement, plan to arrive late and leave early. It's likely you will have a better time, and in most cases, people won't notice.
Back to top Go down
http://fmcfsme.com

Just Say NO!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FM/CFS/ME RESOURCES Forum ::       FM & CFS/ME Information :: COPING TIPS & TRICKS-
Jump to: