FM/CFS/ME RESOURCES Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterFM/CFS/ME RESOURCESLog in

Letter To Loved Ones

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Misty Roberts
Admin
Admin
Misty Roberts

Letter To Loved Ones Empty
PostSubject: Letter To Loved Ones   Letter To Loved Ones Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:17 am

Letter To Loved Ones

There are many spouses, friends, and family members of Fibromyalgia (FM) and/or CFS/ME patients who think the pain and suffering we endure is an attempt for their attention. Often times they don't realize that we suffer from a disease that is invisible; a disease that there is no cure for, and one that many in medical community are still unaware of. The pain is relentless, stealing our joy and replacing it with tears of sorrow, pain and frustration. On the outside we look like everyone else, but on the inside are the scars no one sees.

Yes, It's Real

Researchers have found evidence of distinct neurological abnormalities within the brain of CFS/ME patients. Other researchers have found elevated levels of spinal fluid substance P, a pain amplifier; along with lower levels of serotonin (a chemical messenger that transmits nerve signals between nerve cells), and low production of cortisol in FM patients. The American Medical Association (AMA), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) are among those who have accepted FM and CFS/ME as legitimate medical conditions and as major causes of disability. This should prove without a shadow of a doubt that FM and CFS/ME are real, medical conditions, not a figment of our imaginations.

Background

FM and CFS/ME effect the person physically, emotionally, psychologically, spiritually and socially. The once energetic person is now replaced by a person dragging themselves through the day in agony. The once fun-loving person is now living in the depths of despair and depression. The person who once felt valued now feels as if life has passed them by. Even the most devout begin to question why they must endure such pain, fatigue and misery. But the worst part of all is the misunderstanding, mistrust, and general ambivalence towards our pain and suffering. Our lives as we knew them are over. We are no longer able to have fruitful careers, manage our homes, or even take care of our children properly. Now the simplest activities are fraught with pain and agony.

Currently

Before we became ill we were organized perfectionists who were incredibly productive. Everything in our lives had its place; it kills us that it's not that way now. People with FM and CFS/ME live their days moment to moment, not able to plan for tomorrow let alone next week. We never know when a sudden flare will send us into a world of pain and agony. Many times we can't even think of the words we need to finish a sentence, making us seem demented or deranged in the eyes of others.

When was the last time you were in agony, yet unable to find a comfortable position? Or when was the last time the medicine you took made you so sick you couldn't leave the bathroom? People who live day to day with a chronic illness such as FM or CFS/ME need your help and support in order to cope with their condition. We need to know you care about us, and that you support us emotionally and physically. Deep inside every person with FM and CFS/ME is someone screaming to be loved, helped, supported and understood. Your loved one with FM and/or CFS/ME needs you now more than ever. Please don't let them down!

You are welcome to print this letter and use it to help the people close to you understand Fibromyalgia (FM) and CFS/ME better
Back to top Go down
http://fmcfsme.com

Letter To Loved Ones
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FM/CFS/ME RESOURCES Forum ::       FM & CFS/ME Information :: FOR THE NEWLY DIAGNOSED PATIENT-
Jump to: