FM/CFS/ME RESOURCES Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterFM/CFS/ME RESOURCESLog in

BEGINNERS GUIDE TO THE FORUM

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Misty Roberts
Admin
Admin
Misty Roberts

BEGINNERS GUIDE TO THE FORUM Empty
PostSubject: BEGINNERS GUIDE TO THE FORUM   BEGINNERS GUIDE TO THE FORUM Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:09 am

STEP 1: REGISTER

Click Register to begin. You will first be prompted to read the Terms of Use. Click the button below it indicating your agreement to these terms.

The next screen that appears will ask you to create a user name, password, and fill in an email address. Your user name will be the nickname that is displayed with messages you post in the forum. It is also the name other members will recognize you by. Another window will appear asking you to confirm your password. Confirm your password by retyping it in the space provided.

After you fill out and submit your registration you will receive an email from us. Click on the link provided in the email to verify your membership. Now you will be able to login and participate in discussions.

STEP 2: LOG ON

Click the "Log On" button and enter the user name and password you created. After logging in you will see several options displayed in the Forum navigation row. They are as follows:

• HOME: Click here to return to the main Forum page.

• CALENDAR: Click here to view upcoming events.

• GALLERY: Click here to view member photo albums and to create your own album.

• FAQ: Click here to view frequently asked questions and their answers.

• MEMBERS: Click here to view the Forum members.

• USER CONTROL PANEL: Click here to view and edit your profile.

• PRIVATE MESSAGES: Click here to send a private message. This button turns into "New Message" when someone has sent you a private message. Click to open and read messages.

• LOG OUT: Click here to log off or exit the Forum.

• FM/CFS/ME RESOURCES: Click here to visit our website, where you will find much more information about Fibromyalgia (FM) and CFS/ME.

STEP 3: PERSONALIZE YOUR PROFILE

Click the "User Control Panel" button if you would like to add personal information to your profile. Filling out your profile helps other people to get to know you better. You can be as detailed as you want to be when filling out your profile. There are six different sections included in your profile:

• REGISTRATION INFORMATION: The basics like Gender, Birthday, etc.

• PREFERENCES: Asks things like how you want to be contacted, etc.

• SIGNATURE: This is where you can create your signature. This is displayed on your posts.

• AVATAR: Your mini photo. Upload a pic from your computer, the internet, or choose one from the gallery of Avatars.

• TOPIC IS BEING WATCHED: Displays specific topics that you might have signed up earlier to watch, or posts that you have written.

Follow the steps below to fill in your profile:

• Click the button labeled "User Control Panel", located at the top of the forum page.

• A new screen opens. You have the option of six different fields, outlined above. Fill in as many or as few as you want. Remember that other members will be able to see what you've entered, so be sure not to disclose information you don't want other people to see.

• When you're finished, click the "Save" button.

STEP 4: BROWSE DISCUSSION TOPICS

Click the "Home" button to return to the Forum main page. Scroll down the page to see the list of available discussion forums. Click a forum name (e.g., Coping Tips & Tricks) to display the list of discussions (referred to as "Topics") taking place there. Click a specific Topic to see the messages posted for it.

There are currently five Information topic areas, they are as follows:

• BEGINNERS GUIDE TO THE FORUM: You are here.

• FOR THE NEWLY DIAGNOSED PATIENT: Information for people newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia (FM) and/or CFS/ME.

• COPING TIPS & TRICKS: Coping tips and tricks for living with Fibromyalgia (FM) and CFS/ME.

• DOCTOR INFORMATION: Information for finding a doctor.

• DISABILITY INFORMATION: Disability information for 80 countries around the world.

There are several topic areas exclusively for members, they are as follows:

• FORUM RULES: A few basic rules for using the Forum.

• HOW TO USE THE FORUM: In-depth information about using member features in the Forum.

• INTRODUCE YOURSELF: A good place to begin posting. Let's everyone get to know you.

• CFS/ME: ARTICLES & QUESTIONS: Articles and questions concerning CFS/ME are found here.

• FIBROMYALGIA: (FM) ARTICLES & QUESTIONS: Articles and questions concerning Fibromyalgia are found here.

• TREATMENTS & THERAPIES THAT WORK FOR YOU: Tell us what therapy or medication works on your Fibromyalgia (FM) and/or CFS/ME symptoms.

• MEDICATIONS: ARTICLES & QUESTIONS: Articles and questions concerning medications can be found here.

• HEALTH CARE/DOCTORS: ARTICLES & INFORMATION: Articles and questions concerning health care and doctors are found here.

• CLINICAL TRIALS: Lists the types of trials that are ongoing, and the countries who are hosting them.

• MISCELLANEOUS ARTICLES & QUESTIONS Articles or questions that don't fit in any of the categories listed above.

• OPEN DISCUSSION AREA: Use this area to just "talk" to other members about things on your mind. It doesn't necessarily have to be about Fibromyalgia or CFS/ME.

• ON THE LIGHTER SIDE: This section is set aside to share jokes and things you might find funny. You can upload cartoons or jokes.

STEP 5: ADD A MESSAGE TO A DISCUSSION TOPIC

You can post a reply to a message by clicking the "Post Reply" button at the top of the discussion box. This will bring up a "Post A Reply" screen. You can set font styles and colors by applying them as you would any simple text editor. You can add a smiley face "emoticon" by clicking one and adding it into your message. When you are done, click the "Preview" button to read over your post. If you're happy with how it looks, click the "Send" button.

NOTE: The emoticon displays as a plain character combination within your text message. It will display as the actual symbol after you post your message. When you are done, click the "Preview" button to read over your post. If you're happy with how it looks, click the "Send" button.

STEP 6: START A NEW DISCUSSION

To start a new discussion click the "New Topic" button at the top of the message window. You can set font styles and colors by applying them as you would any simple text editor. You can also add a smiley face "emoticon" by clicking one and adding it into your message. When you are done, click the "Preview" button to read over your post. If you're happy with how it looks, click the "Send" button.

Back to top Go down
http://fmcfsme.com

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FM/CFS/ME RESOURCES Forum ::       FM & CFS/ME Information :: BEGINNERS GUIDE TO THE FORUM-
Jump to: