FM/CFS/ME RESOURCES Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterFM/CFS/ME RESOURCESLog in

Shopping Tips

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Misty Roberts
Admin
Admin
Misty Roberts

Shopping Tips Empty
PostSubject: Shopping Tips   Shopping Tips Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:56 pm

Shopping Tips

For people in wheelchairs or for those who use walkers, shopping brings on a whole new set of problems. Department stores jam clothing racks so close together it's impossible to get near the clothes. And grocery stores never seem to have the items you need within your reach.

One simple approach to solving the shopping problem is to shop online. Many fine stores are now online and offer next day shipping if you're in a hurry. I buy most of my clothing this way as it's impossible for me to get around in department stores. My favorite stores are Lane Bryant, Blair, and Wal-Mart.

To simplify your grocery dilemma, many grocery stores now have delivery service. Check your local grocery stores to see if they offer this service. Having your groceries delivered saves you a lot of time and energy. If they don't offer this service, take someone with you. They'll be able to reach the items you can't, and help to carry your bags.

Another idea for grocery shopping is to use a motorized cart. Even if you aren't in a wheelchair normally, taking advantage of this option can save you pain and agony later. If you decide not to use a motorized cart, be sure to take breaks. Many grocery stores now have a luncheon area where you can sit down and have coffee and a snack. This will give you a chance to rest until you get your strength back.

Remember, if you're too tired when you get home to put away your groceries, just put away the perishables. (meats and refrigerated items) You can always and leave the rest of the items until you've regained your strength. Unless you have a great husband or kids, trust me, they'll still be there! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://fmcfsme.com

Shopping Tips
Page 1 of 1