FM/CFS/ME RESOURCES Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterFM/CFS/ME RESOURCESLog in

Check On Your Doctor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Misty Roberts
Admin
Admin
Misty Roberts

Check On Your Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Check On Your Doctor   Check On Your Doctor Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:43 pm

Check On Your Doctor

There are many ways to check up on physicians in the United States. You can go to your local library, check with a physician referral service or surf the Internet. Below are additional options.

Your Health Insurance Plan

Call your health insurer first to find out which health care providers are in your plan. Most Americans now have a limited number of providers they can see. If there aren't any suitable doctors in your plan, find out the plan's policy if you go "out of network."

American Medical Association (AMA)

Through the AMA you can find out about a doctor's educational background and areas of medical specialty and whether or not the doctor is a member of the AMA. You can also check the American Medical Association Medical Directory at your local public library or bookstore.

Department of Physician Data Services
515 N. State Street
Chicago, IL 60616

American Board of Medical Specialties

This organization will tell you whether a doctor is board certified or board eligible in a particular area. "Board certified" means the doctor has completed two additional years of training and passed a national examination. "Board eligible" means that the training, but not the test, has been completed.

47 Perimeter Center East, Suite 350
Atlanta, GA 30346
800/776-2378

Health Grades

This web site allows you to access critical background and performance information on doctors.

Doctor Reviews

Rate a doctor, see doctor reviews. It's free, simple and private.
Back to top Go down
http://fmcfsme.com

Check On Your Doctor
Page 1 of 1